Our World Fair Trade Day retailer program is now closed. We hope you’ll join us next year for our 4th Annual World Fair Trade Day promotion in May 2015.
In the meantime, please enjoy this educational video.
Enter to Win a Fair Trade Adventure for Two to Nicaragua!
As part of Fair World Project’s World Fair Trade Day celebrations, this is your chance to learn about fair trade and its role in empowering small scale farmers. Learn more here: http://fairworldproject.org/contest/
Trip includes coach airfare, hotel accommodations, meals, services of a group leader and local transportation courtesy of Intrepid Travel.
Trip Highlights Include:
- Visit Tierra Nueva, one of Equal Exchange’s fair trade partner cooperatives with 600 members growing organic coffee and honey. Learn about their organic production and visit with the coop members and their families.
- Visit Maggie’s Organics organic cotton farmer cooperative and learn the differences between conventional free trade apparel factories and fair trade small producer apparel facilities.
- Visit Granada, one of Nicaragua’s oldest city oozing with colonial charm on the banks of Lake Nicaragua and explore its cobblestone streets surrounded by colorful buildings.
- Enjoy the intensely political city of Leon, buzzing with energy and at times drop dead gorgeous with its awe-inspiring churches, fabulous art collections, stunning streetscapes, cosmopolitan eateries and fiery intellectualism.
- Relax at Laguna de Apoyo, Nicaragua’s most beautiful natural wonder, a nature reserve with a body of water contained inside the crater of the Apoyo Volcano.