World Fair Trade Day
World Fair Trade Day is a global celebration of fair trade bringing together thousands committed to building healthy and sustainable communities world-wide. When you choose fair trade products and ingredients, you help improve the lives of farmers, farm-workers, producers and their families.
When you chose to purchase fair trade, you support:
- Long-term direct trading relationships
- Prompt payment of fair prices and wages
- No child, forced or otherwise exploited labor
- Workplace non-discrimination, gender equity and freedom of association
- Investment in community development projects
- Environmental sustainability
- Traceability and transparency
- Safe working conditions and reasonable work hours
Your purchase has power. Learn more by watching our 2013 WFTD Video on Fair Trade Relationships.