Job Title: Communication Coordinator
Status: Full -time contractor
Reports to: Executive Director
Location: Portland, Oregon
Position is for a Communications Coordination for Fair World Project. Position includes production coordination of bi-annual For A Better World publication, and general communications and administrative tasks including organizing events, inquiry communication, e-newsletter production and social media calendar maintenance.
The Communications Coordinator works under the general direction of the Executive Director and in conjunction with other Fair World Project team members and committed partner brands and designers.
- This is a full-time permanent position requiring a commitment of 40 hours/week
- Compensation will be based on experience and will include full health benefits after three month probationary period.
- Position is located in Portland, Oregon
- Individual must have own home office including lap top and phone to start. New equipment may be provided after three month trial period.
- Travel weekly to meet with Executive Director
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This position requires experience in project management and writing.
The following duties and responsibilities are those considered to be essential but do not represent all job functions that may be required to be performed by this position. Other comparable duties and responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
Duties are varied and will include, among others:
- Publication support including project management for each issue, content organization, communication with contributing writers and coordinate website updates for each issue, distribution management
- Development support, execution and project management of retailer and brand initiatives
- Development and execution of product initiatives such as potential t-shirt and gift basket program including communication with vendors, tracking inventory and payment, working with fulfillment center and marketing.
- Work with campaign director to manage Social Media; Facebook, Twitter and Instagram accounts
- Content creation, including graphic design, and timely roll out of newsletters, email blasts, Facebook and Twitter posts and website content
- Program wrap up reports and analysis of program review
- Organize and executive networking meetings.
- Organize and attend tabling events
- Manage website including all email inquiries and communication
- Organize calendars and timelines for all projects
- Create processes for better communication and project management
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Minimum: 3 years’ experience in project management, social media and/or marketing position, preferably in social justice movements and/or the natural products industry.
Preferred: Possession of a Bachelor of Arts degree in Marketing, Communications, Business
Administration and/or course specific work in sales & marketing
Any combination of educational and work experience that would be equivalent to the stated minimum requirements would qualify for consideration of this position.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Project Management – Experience tracking projects, task-oriented.
- Innovation – Meets challenges with resourcefulness; presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others’ attention.
- Creativity – Excellent writer with the ability to write creatively including social media posts.
- Activist experience either personally or professionally
- Teamwork – Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Leadership – Accepts feedback from others and modifies work styles accordingly.
- Self-starter, organized and highly motivated. Ability to be flexible and self-sufficient. Positive attitude, self-motivated, confident and competitive. Ability to work within a team environment and independently. Strong initiative with a strong desire to succeed.
- To perform assigned tasks successfully an individual should have advanced knowledge of MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel), social media tools such as Facebook, Twitter. Familiarity with WordPress and Salsa campaign platform a plus.
- Work-experience in the Natural Products Industry a plus
- Excellence in communications e.g. developing meeting agendas, summarizing meeting notes, writing campaign recaps;
- Works with the spirit of enthusiasm, teamwork, cooperation and a sense of urgency.
- Ability to multi-task in an efficient, thorough, and prioritized manner; to work quickly, accurately and independently; and, to anticipate needs and solve problems.
- Limited travel. Ability to travel to various locations throughout the U.S. as assigned.
Send Cover Letter and Resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org