TPP: Out of the Shadows! Rally for Good Jobs, Affordable Medicine & a Healthy Environment
As the 14th major round Trans-Pacific Partnership negotiations gets under way in northern Virginia, please join with labor, environmental, public health, family farm, consumer, Occupy and other social justice organizations for a major mobilization demanding an end to back-room dealmaking for the 1%.
The TPP is poised to become the largest Free Trade Agreement in U.S. history. Approximately 600 corporate lobbyists have been granted access to the negotiating texts, while the general public is barred from even reviewing what U.S. negotiators are proposing in our names. If it continues on its current course, the TPP is likely to:
• Offshore good-paying jobs to low-wage nations and undercut working conditions globally
• Create new tools for attacking environmental and consumer safety policies
• Deregulate Wall Street banks, hedge funds and insurance companies
• Further concentrate global food supplies, displacing family farmers and subjecting consumers to wild food price fluctuations
• Lengthen patents thereby blocking access to affordable, generic medications
Rally cosponsors include the American Medical Student Association, CISPES, Citizens Trade Campaign, Communications Workers of America, Family Farm Defenders, Friends of the Earth, Global Justice for Animals and the Environment, HealthGAP, International Association of Machinists, International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers, International Brotherhood of Teamsters, ItsOurEconomy.us, National Family Farm Coalition, New York Whale and Dolphin Action League, Nodutdol, Occupy Wall Street Trade Justice Working Group, October2011.org, Organic Consumers Association, Pennsylvania Fair Trade Coalition, Public Citizen, Sierra Club, Trade Justice New York Metro, United Students Against Sweatshops and many others.
For more info, visit this website or contact Citizens Trade Campaign at email@example.com